Event Log Explorer is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application . Event Log Explorer greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features.
It is impossible to find a system administrator for whom the problem of event log analysis has never been acute. To keep your network safe and sound you have to constantly trace valid and invalid logon attempts, events related to resource use, such as creating, opening, or deleting of files, etc. This process of monitoring event logs has always devoured a lot of time.
Event Log Explorer helps you to quickly browse, find and report on problems, security warnings and all other events that are generated within Windows. Thanks to Event Log Explorer, monitoring and analysis of events recorded in Security, System, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista and Windows 7 operating systems gets much faster and really effective.
Event Log Explorer allows you to view the description of each event without any additional mouse click - all desciptions are displayed in the Event Description box of log window, or even directly in the event list.
Friendly and powerful user interface lets you select between two styles: Multi-document or tabbed-document interface.
Event Log Explorer provides powerful event search and filtering engine. You can easily filter events in the list by any criteria. Every filter can be saved into file - this saves your time when you want to re-apply the filter in future.
Unlike standard Windows Event Viewer, Event Log Explorer can print event logs or even separate events. You can also export your event logs to other formats. At the time, Event Log Explorer supports export to HTML, Microsoft Excel and tab-separated text files.
Main features and benefits of Event Log Explorer at glance:
- Multiple-document or tabbed-document user interface depending on user preferences
- Favorites computers and their logs are grouped into a tree
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Event descriptions and binary data are in the log window
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
- Quick Filter feature allows you to filter event log in a couple of mouse clicks
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
- Fast navigation between events with bookmarks
- Compatibility with well-known event knowledgebases (EventID.com and Microsoft knowledgebase)
- Color coding by Event ID
- Print and export to different formats
- Export log to different formats
- Read damaged EVT files and generate EVT files from event views.