|125 MB - Free|
|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | Server 2003 | 2008 + 64bit|
|Apr 10, 2014|
XAMPP is an easy to install Apache Distribution for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and Solaris! The package includes the Apache web server, MySQL, SQLite, PHP, Perl, a FTP-Server and phpMyAdmin.
- Officially, XAMPP's designers intended it for use only as a development tool, to allow website designers and programmers to test their work on their own computers without any access to the Internet. To make this as easy as possible, many important security features are disabled by default. In practice, however, XAMPP is sometimes used to actually serve web pages on the World Wide Web. A special tool is provided to password-protect the most important parts of the package.
- XAMPP also provides support for creating and manipulating databases in MySQL and SQLite among others.
- Once XAMPP is installed, it is possible to treat a localhost like a remote host by connecting using an FTP client. Using a program like FileZilla has many advantages when installing a content management system (CMS) like Joomla. It is also possible to connect to localhost via FTP with a HTML editor.
- The default FTP user is "newuser", the default FTP password is "wampp".
- The default MySQL user is "root" while there is no default MySQL password.