UC Browser 6.0.1807.1000
|1.2 MB - Free|
|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10 + 64bit|
|Feb 08, 2017|
UC Browser is a free browser giving you a fast, all-in-one web experience, works on all major platforms, including PC! Serving over 500 million users.
The browser uses cloud acceleration and data compression technology. UC Browser's servers act as a proxy which compresses the data of web pages before sending it to users. This process helps load web content faster. The browser can adapt to different network environments and support multi-file format downloading. In addition, UC Browser has HTML5 web app and cloud syncing features.
UC Browser is available on several smartphone and feature phone platforms, but Android represents the largest user-base for the company, with 300 million of its 500 million total on Google's mobile OS
UC+: HTML5, WebApp and Add-ons
- Developers can use an SDK provided to create programs that can be called on in different usage scenarios. Users can download them from the browser's add-on panel to get a more personalized internet browsing experience, like the sharing to SNS, webpage translation, augmented reality, voice control, etc. The Application Bookmark Platform allows partner websites to put up a QR code on UC Browser for users to scan the code and add the webpage to their bookmarks.
- The browser supports simultaneous downloads and includes a download manager, including pages for offline reading. It supports pause-and-resume downloads. The new version of download manager has improved features to solve problems while downloading such as an intermittent internet connection and mislabeled files. The download process will continue even after you completely close UC Browser and the download process will automatically resume if the download is interrupted for some reason, again, all in the background.
- Data compression reduces data consumption while users are browsing. Since 2006, UC Browser has been leveraging more compression and rendering work on its server, similar to the operation of a thin client.
- The cloud system used by the browser distributes data from the closest servers. As a result, the loading process is quicker and smoother. A "View it later" mode caches web pages with their videos, images and text for offline viewing.
- UC Browser can be used to share to Facebook and Twitter, with the WP version offering more sharing options.