|2.5 MB - Free|
|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | Server 2003 | 2008 + 64bit|
|May 29, 2014|
TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, TrueCrypt provides plausible deniability. In contrast to file encryption, data encryption performed by TrueCrypt is real-time (on-the-fly), automatic, transparent, and does not involve temporary unencrypted files.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
- Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.