|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10 + 64bit|
|Nov 12, 2016|
DC++ announces the freedom to share! DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect / Advanced Direct Connect network.
Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is a highly ranked piece of software among the projects hosted at Sourceforge. With more than fifty million downloads, new users continue to find benefits from the software every day.
DC++ is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL 2.
DC++ is, based on observable factors, the most prevalent client on the Direct Connect network. Below are some of its features:
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don't need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- Multiple protocol support (ADC & NMDC)
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hubs by file type, size, name or hash
- Resume of downloads, with optional automatic search for alternate sources by TTH
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Automatic connectivity setup with autoconfiguration of UPnP and NAT-PMP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user's file lists for browsing and queueing
- GUI is translated into many languages using community supplied Gettext .po language files
- Segmented downloading
- NAT-Traversal support
- SSL encrypted secure hub-client communication and file transfers
- Bandwidth limiting capabilities
- Plugin support