Adobe Flash Player is a cross-platform browser-based application runtime that provides uncompromised viewing of expressive applications, content, and videos across screens and browsers. Flash Player delivers beautiful HD video, faster graphics rendering, and high performance on mobile screens and is designed to take advantage of native device capabilities -- enabling richer, more immersive user experiences.
Support for mobile devices
- Extend the reach of your content to users wherever they are. Flash Player delivers expressive content to personal computers, smartphones, tablets, smartbooks, and netbooks.
Mobile-ready features for unprecedented creative control
- Take advantage of native device capabilities, including support for multitouch, gestures, mobile input models, and accelerometer input.
- Deliver smooth high definition (HD) quality video with minimal overhead across mobile devices and personal computers using H.264 video decoding and Stage Video.
Expanded options for high-quality media delivery
- Discover new ways to deliver rich media experiences with the Flash Media Server Family of products using HTTP Dynamic Streaming; content protection; and improved support for live events, buffer control, and peer-assisted networking.
Adobe Flash Player 11 desktop release candidate drives innovation for rich, engaging digital experiences with new features for cross-platform browser-based viewing of expressive rich internet applications, content, and videos across devices. Some of the features from the Flash Player Incubator, such as Stage 3D and 64-bit support, have been moved into this release.
Key benefits of the Flash Player 11 desktop release candidate include:
- Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering — Deliver cutting edge 2D and 3D experiences on the desktop.
- Native 64-bit support — Support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony — Integrate real-time voice and telephony capabilities into business apps and integrate with existing phone systems using the G.711 codec.
- H.264/AVC SW Encoding — Create apps that encode higher quality video locally using the efficient H.264 video standard.
- Socket Progress Events — Improve management of data transfer, track progress, and provide responsive feedback in apps send large amounts of data.
- JPEG-XR support — Take advantage of support for the advanced JPEG-XR image compression format to deliver higher quality images with less bandwidth, and leverage lossy and lossless compression with alpha channel transparency.